VHT, a division of Dupli-Color® and a Sherwin-Williams brand, is one of the leaders in the specialty automotive coatings industry. Among its flagship products are mainly heat-resistant paints that were originally developed for space programs on various parts of space-grade equipment.
Thanks to such experience, these paints have also found their way into the automotive industry. However, the company's portfolio is much broader, offering other paints for various other applications within the automotive industry. This allows a high degree of individualisation for each "car-enthusiast", whether it is for tuning vehicles, but also for professional use on racing vehicles.
The complete range of VHT products can now also be found in our e-shop!
The most popular VHT products definitely include:
VHT 288°C (550°F) Engine Enamels™:
- APPLICATION: engine blocks, starters, consoles, water pumps, valve covers, gearboxes, differential covers,..
- They are available in a wide range of colours, including colours exactly matching the factory colours.
- All paints have excellent durability and superior heat and chemical resistance.
- They are specially formulated to resist corrosion, rust, chemicals and the additives of today's chemical mixtures and degreasers
- Engine enamels are a unique blend of urethane and ceramic resins that create a hard, long-lasting finish for engines, engine accessories, or anywhere a hard, durable, heat- or chemical-resistant finish is needed
- APPLICATIONS: valve covers, starters, door panels, shifters, alternators, engine walls
- Colour with distinctive texture and deep colours
- Resistant to temperatures up to 177°C and ideal for adding personal style to almost any metal surface
- Resists colour fading, grease, degreasers and harsh weather conditions
- A variety of colours available
- APPLICATION: Frame and chassis, Commercial racks, Tools and equipment, Trailers
- Single-stage epoxy coating that does not require priming
- Provides the appearance of a hard-baked finish that is resistant to chemicals, corrosion, rust and salt
VHT Hood, Bumper & Trim Paint:
- APPLICATION: plastic bumpers, rubber bumpers, body cladding, dashboards, mirror castings, ATV bodies, motorcycle bodies
- Formulated with elastomers that allow the paint to flex on pliable surfaces
- The unique formulation is also suitable for fibreglass, plastic and other resin-based bodywork
- APPLICATION: before painting, to fill small scratches or to increase adhesiveness.
- Prime Coat is an excellent base for any acrylic or synthetic varnish
- It provides a hard, air-drying base with excellent adhesion to intermediate and topcoats
- This coat is specially formulated to fill scratches or holes caused by sanding or body fillers to create a strong anti-corrosion barrier
- APPLICATION: exhaust systems, engine blocks, ..
- Restores and prolongs the life of any surface exposed to extremely high temperatures
- Temperature resistance: 704°C-1093°C (1300°F-2000°F)
- Used in the automotive industry for exhaust systems and in the aerospace industry for jet engines and other applications
- APPLICATION: brake calipers, rotors, brake drums
- Specially designed for a custom painting of brake components.
- Resistant to intermittent heat up to 482 °C (900 °F) and will not chip, crack, fade or rust even under extreme service or road and weather conditions
- APPLICATION: aluminium, aluminium wheels, steel wheels, wheel covers, centre caps,..
- Provides a great finish and real protection for all types of wheels
- Resists peeling, cracking and fading while protecting the wheel surface from oxidation and is available in five popular colours and a clear coat
- APPLICATION: head gaskets, rubber hoses, cork gaskets, water pump gaskets, threaded couplings, AN couplings, paper gaskets, oil pan gaskets, metal gaskets
- VHT seal adhesive was formulated from the same ingredients as high-temperature coatings
- Maintains excellent adhesion under severe pressure and thermal fluctuations
- Extensively tested on off-road race engines and dyno engines where it met and exceeded the high compression and high-temperature requirements of these performance engines
- APPLICATION: Rear lights, fog lights, turn signals
- Tail light lens finish to create a custom style, used to darken to red or black to make the lights look more compact in a solid colour
- Once applied to the plastic lens, VHT Nite-Shades™ cannot be removed
- Designed for off-road use only
We strongly recommend following the manufacturer's instructions when applying all VHT products!